- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day is a national holiday.
- King was the youngest person to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964.
- At the Atlanta premier of the movie Gone with the Wind, Martin sang with his church choir.
- There are over 730 streets in the United States named after Martin Luther King, Jr.
- One of his main influences was Mahatma Gandhi who taught people to protest in a non-violent manner.
- He was awarded the Congressional Gold Medal and the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
- The name on his original birth certificate is Michael King. This was a mistake, however. He was supposed to be named after his father who was named for Martin Luther, the leader of the Christian reformation movement.
- He is often referred to by his initials MLK.
Yesterday’s NFL games weren’t exactly thrillers . . . with both games being decided well before the final minutes.
The original lineup of the AUSTRALIAN SUPERGROUP THE WIGGLES got back together in Sydney on Friday night for a show to benefit wildfire relief. Unfortunately, a tragedy of another kind unfolded at the end of the show.
Here’s a strong argument for living in filth: According to a new survey, you’ll waste a TON of your life cleaning.
Goodbye, your royal highnesses. Hello, life as . . . basically . . . ordinary civilians. PRINCE HARRY and MEGHAN MARKLE will no longer use the titles “royal highness” or receive public funds in the U.K.